What is Magnesium Nitride
What is Magnesium Nitride?
Magnesium Nitride, is an inorganic substance with the chemical formula Mg3N2. It's part of the cluster of cubic crystals. At the temperature of room, pure magnesium nutridide is a bright yellow-green color however, magnesium nitride that contains portions of magnesium oxide particles is grayish white.
The magnesium nitride's molar mass is 100.95g/mol. Their density stands at 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium Nitride is completely dissolved in water and acid however it is partially dissolved by alcohol and ethanol.
The melting temperature of magnesium nitride ranges from 1500 to 1500 degrees. Magnesium Nitride, along with other metal nitrides reacts with water to make ammonia. Commonly used as a catalyst. React with acid or nonmetallic oxides and form ammonium salts and magnesium salts.
Magnesium nitride , a type of ceramic, is found in nature. Magnesium nitride has high corrosion resistance and greatly increases productivity. Magnesium also has high thermal conductivity, as well as high corrosion resistance and temperature resistance. Magnesium Nitride has an additional importance due to its usage as a catalyst for creation of boron nitrogen.
What Do You Use Magnesium Nitride For?
1. Used as a catalyst when you are preparing the nitride of other elements with high hardness, high thermal conductivity, corrosion resistance, wear resistance and higher temperature resistance. The first successful creation of cubic boron nitride, its catalyst was magnesium Nitride.
2. This is a high strength steel Smelting additives. Magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) replaces desulphurized magnesium in construction smelting. It is useful for increasing the density, strength of the steel, as well as the tension and bearing force of steel. In addition, using of magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurizationwill reduce the quantity of other additives, which can help lower the cost of production for construction steel;
3. It is used to prepare special ceramic materials;
4. In the process of making a special alloy foaming agent;
5. Special glass is made for the purpose of manufacturing;
6. Crosslinking of catalytic polymers;
7. To reuse nuclear waste
How to Produce Magnesium Nitride?
At present, the main methods for making magnesium nitride comprises direct reaction method for magnesium powder using nitrogen, the reaction method of carbon with nitrogen in nitrogen plasma flow using a magnesium coil blast method in nitrogen atmosphere Chemical gas at low pressure as a complementary product method, self propagating high temperature synthesis method nano magnesium Nitride synthesis method and many more.
Recently, G. Soto et al. created amorphous magnesium Nitride films featuring different Mg:N ratios Si substrates in a molecular nitrogen environment by Deposition using pulses of laser. These methods limit the industrial production of these films due to the cost of production, lengthy process with complex equipment, or low yields of magnesium nutride.
Although the direct reaction of magnesium powder with nitrogen has economic value, the production of magnesium nitride powder requires more heat and a longer reaction times, and the form of the particles is a bit lopsided and easy for agglomeration, which does not meet needs of industrial grade. NH3 can be decomposed into Nthat has broken bonds faster than N2 and the H2 that is decomposed can inhibit the formation of MgO. Thus, ammonia gases can be used as a nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. employed liquid ammonia as a nitrogen source to make magnesium nitride powder through direct nutriding of magnesium. The following conclusions can be drawn: From a thermodynamic analysis, liquid ammonia could react with magnesium powder more readily than nitrogen to make magnesium nitride. High-quality magnesium nitride, with good purity and uniform particles is made by heating it to 600 and an ammonia atmosphere for 1h, after which it is heated to 800, ammonia flow rate 500ml/min and the nitriding process takes 1 hour.
Magnesium Nitride Powder Mg3N2
We are a reputable global chemical materials supplier and manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing high-end chemicals and nanomaterials, including silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, zinc sulfide, calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, and many more.
If you're seeking top-quality Mg3N2 powder We invite you to contact us for an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)